Let the statistics speak itself:
This report is a survey analysis conducted by, Hootsuite and summarizes the importance and growth of digital marketing and social media usage due to Covid-19 and lockdown, globally.
Report source: https://datareportal.com/reports/digital-2021-global-overview-report
The above survey by Hootsuite clearly show how social media and digital platforms users have increased during the Lockdown period. That is why businesses stood up to make their strong presence online and support branding as Digital marketing is relatively cheaper and cost effective with immediate results and easy monitoring on statistics, i.e. Analytics, then other forms of marketing.
There are certain advantages of digital marketing over any other form of marketing, and they are;
- ✔ When you are marketing your product/ service using digital marketing, the digital platforms segment the audience making it easier to make an specific approach. e.g. when running Facebook ads, you can easily target a region/ demography across the globe.
- ✔ Cost efficiency is another merit of digital marketing. It generates better ROI than traditional marketing approaches. Studies say that digital marketing is 62% cheaper and generates 3 times more leads than Billboards, radio and TV advertisements.
- ✔ Digital marketing helps you reach more targeted audiences than radio, TV and magazines. Though they have large audiences, it doesn’t ensure lead generation. Reaching a specific target and putting more efforts there ensures better results.
- ✔ SEO, a digital marketing technique helps you reach audiences who search products for buying intent.
- ✔ No other form of marketing is as engaging as digital marketing. It allows both ways of interaction of clients and business even before they meet each other.
- ✔ Longevity, SEO, video contents, blogs, social media posts, email marketing have a longer presence in the platform than radio, television, magazine and billboard ads.
- ✔ Digital marketing allows you to track results and measure customer engagement which no other marketing approach allows.
Due to these many up merits of digital marketing, it has been popular since the last decade worldwide. This new marketing approach had influenced Nepal a few years early but the lockdown made it a Star.
If it wasn’t for lockdown, digital marketing may not have been so popular as of today. This lockdown has played a vital role in establishing digital marketing as they must go for a choice of marketing approach. The growing number of mobile users and internet users, businesses in Nepal are able to reach to their targeted customers easily and cost effectively. The government has encouraged digitalization with open arms. This is where the future of marketing lies.